Monday, September 7, 2009

Tomorrow I ship to Army Basic

Tomorrow marks a bittersweet day in my life. Though as time goes on it may seem more bitter than sweet. I am reporting to the MEPS hotel for shipping to Army Basic on Wednesday. I really look forward to going I have always found the military interesting, but I have come to realize why they say the the military is a young mans game. I am 37 with a wife and kids. This makes this shipping a very difficult as I love my family dearly and while basic is only 9 weeks the AIT (Advanced Individual Training) is one of the longer trainings the army has to offer, meaning I will not be home for good until sometime next year. I ask that those that pray offer up prayers, more for my family than for me, they need it more.

6 comments:

Gerald Lamb said...

Those of us nearby will offer up more than prayers, bro ;-)

Jeff Miller said...

Good luck. Boot camp will certainly be a challenge at your age. Prayers for your family.

Richard Lamb said...

Thanks

Ananda girl said...

Yes, prayers will be said for family and for you. Best of luck with basic.

Patrinas Pencil said...

Richard, I just found your blog. I was wanting to write to a soldier -and here you are. My prayers are most certainly with you and your family. I pray that God keep all of you strong, healthy and connected until the Lord brings you safely back home where you belong. Please remember who you are and what you are there for - not only for the nation but for your family and loved ones. Stay safe and remember, the Bigger Lamb - the lamb of God walks not only beside you but is always within you. Your are His....forever. Praise Jesus! God bless :)

癢癢 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.