Sunday, May 23, 2010

I am almost done with training.

It is hard to believe but I am almost done with my Army initial entry training. It has been a long haul since September 8th 2008. I have changed in some ways but my essence has not changed. I am still the political and theological junkie that I have always been. I have to be cautious of some of my postings as my new boss and Is also my president, thus my political comments have to be written with that in mind, thus I will make posts that reflect my political philosophy while trying not to mention the current leaders in office. If I can do that effectively there might be openings for me in the state departments diplomatic corps, but we will see. But I digress.

Right now my focus is finishing my training, I only have a few more days left, and returning to my family and some semblance of normal life. I have a greater appreciation for our military men and women who have gone through the same or similar training that I have. Interestingly enough as an older soldier I found the mental games more challenging than the physical games. Yet being an older man I was probably better equipped than the younger people to handle them. Now my military career begins in earnest as well as my future civilian careers as I am a member of the Florida National Guard. Yes I am a weekend warrior with the same training as any other soldier. I will keep readers posted of my experiences with the guard, without giving away any secrets of course. I will try to post when I home and done with this the final stage of my training.

God Bless all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WHAT WAS FINISHED

I would like to start by asking you two questions. One: Can you give an accurate definition of the phrase: "Lamb of God"?
We all know that this is one of the names used for Jesus, like Messiah, Savior, Son of Man, or Christ. But exactly what is the importance of the name "Lamb of God"?

And why is it important to me as a Catholic? The second question I would like to ask you is: Why the Catholic Church would offer The Holy Eucharist every day at every Mass throughout the world in over 3000 languages.

What knowledge do they have that would make them feel compelled to do this for thousands of years? In answering this question, we'll see why the Catechism of the Catholic Church states that "The Eucharist is the source and summit of the Christian life.'" (CC 1324)

Continue> > >